Our client, working in the food sector, is looking for a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer performs professional engineering work in the planning, design and implementation of various projects within the company. The position receives specific direction from Engineering Manager to exercise direct supervision of a technical nature.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Define project scope, targets and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders. Communicate project expectations/status to team members and stakeholders;
· Proactively manage changes within the project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
· Design and prepare plans, specifications and cost estimates; research project design requirements, perform complex calculations and prepares estimates of time & material costs;
· Ensure all work performed by or on behalf of the company complies with company project management procedures and with all governing practices, codes and regulations;
· Promote excellence in all activities, including the functional groups, to support safe operation, optimal quality, improved reliability and productivity, waste reduction and cost improvement;
· Maintain awareness to new technologies as they relate to efficiency improvements, cost reductions and workplace safety and product quality enhancements;
· Prepare and evaluate contracts and agreements;
· Conduct specialized studies involving selection and use of materials & equipment;
· Manage external human resources such as vendors and contractors.
Education & Experience
· B.Sc. in Engineering;
· Three (3) years experience;
· Be fluent in French and in English.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Understanding processes such as CIP systems, pasteurization systems, sterilizers, and packaging equipment;
· Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
· Financial and budgetary skills;
· Understanding of instrumentation, PLC and Scada controls;
· Good communicator, listener and presenter;
· Ability to adapt to changing culture/environments.