Permanent full-time position at customer’s laboratory facilities in Ottawa (40 hours)
Our client, supplier of military systems and equipment, and of surveillance solutions including radar, and optical and communications systems, is currently looking for a test specialist who will plan, prepare, and conduct functional and exploratory hardware and software tests. Prior to the formal validation, the test specialist will work with the system engineer to ensure that the elements to be validated are completely installed, meet contractual specifications, and work on the final hardware.
The work will be performed in a distributed environment where ISTAR applications will be able to test and validate applicable interface configurations with other ISTAR configuration items including networking, servers and data terminals. The intent is to provide an environment where ISTAR applications can be tested with other ISTAR components before being officially delivered. Also, the test specialist will be responsible to provide and maintain the test environment according to the targeted deployment.
- Analyze/study the subsystems and systems requirements and develop test plans and procedures to validate them.
- Define, build, and maintain the test environment.
- Plan and execute tests in the distributed environment.
- Produce verification and qualification reports.
- Participate in solving technical problems.
- Hold a bachelor's degree or a college diploma in computer-related field.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in software verification or test development, or in a related field.
- Be able to write test plans and procedures for audits, software validation, and system qualification.
- Have experience in auditing or developing systems using wireless IP networks.
- Have experience in test configuration, adaptation, and execution in Windows environments.
- Excel in working in a multidisciplinary team and be able to interact with other specialists in the project team.
- Have a good knowledge of standard interfaces (Ethernet, RS-422, RS-232, etc.).
- Be fluent in French and in English, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of wireless and mobile devices technologies.
- Have experience in the military domain.
- Have experience in automated test programming with scripts, Bash, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of the best practice models and quality standards (SEI CMM, ISO, IEEE).